Disney Discounts For Military Families
Walt Disney World will always hold a special place in the heart of military spouse Allie. After all, its not every day that your future husband gets down on one knee to propose marriage during the EPCOT fireworks show.
But Allie, a former intern at Innoventions in EPCOT, also loves Disney because of how patriotic and military-friendly they are. And if youve ever taken advantage of the great discounts Disney offers military families, youll agree.
Thinking about booking a Disney vacation? Before you go, check out the following Disney discounts you can get as well as a few things to keep in mind.
Disney Cruise Line Military Discounts
The Disney Cruise Line continues to offer Military discounts. Unlike the Disney Armed Forces Salute, discounted Military Disney Cruise Rates are not always offered.
Discounted Military Disney Cruise Rates are usually announced 30-60 days out from each individual sailing.
For most itineraries, the full price fare must be paid no later than 70 days prior to sailing. Disney does not allow you to convert your full fare to a military rate.
So if youve already reserved and paid in full at the regular rates and you want to switch to the military rate youll need to put the new full military fare on your credit card and then cancel the original reservation and wait for a refund. You would of course need to have enough room on your credit card to do so.
Be aware that since most military rates are offered AFTER the Paid in Full date, if you cancel a Paid in Full cruise you will only get a partial refund, usually 75% or less, depending on the time frame. It still may save you money in the long run, but its not as simple as just cancel and rebook.
But even with the penalties you may still save some money overall. But because you will be cancelling your original booking, you will lose everything in the transition, stateroom choice, dining reservations, shore excursion reservations, etc. You will also have to pay for the new booking upfront without the refund yet applied to your credit card for your old booking.
Those Eligible are:
Applicable to: Disneyland Only
Disney World Discounts 2021
This section is a continual work in progress as the year progresses. As new Disney discounts are released I will keep updating this post.
Some of the discounts span multiple seasons so I will put them under each heading they apply to. Just make sure you pay attention to applicable dates for each promotion.
You May Like: How To Get Alcohol Delivered To Disney World
Free Disney Dining Promotion
The Free Dining Promotion is the single most popular discount at Disney World. As such, the competition for rooms during the promotion period is fierce. I have a whole post dedicated to the ins and out of the Free Dining Promotion so I wont go into huge detail here.
The general gist is that if you book a Magic Your Way vacation package in an eligible room during the promotion period, you qualify for a free Disney Dining plan. This is a potentially massive savings depending on the size of your party.
Seriously, I know Im a broken record, but always do the math first to determine if this is a good deal for you. Some families end up saving a ton during this promotion, others not so much. It kind of depends on what type of eaters your family is, family composition, and so forth.
Update: The Free Dining Promotion continues to be suspended. I do expect it to come back once Disney is able to increase capacity and open more restaurants.
Staying At Shades Of Green
One of the first on-property hotels at Disney World, Shades of Green was originally known as the Golf Resort and was open to the general public. It is located between two of the resorts golf courses. The 600-room hotel is now owned and operated by the U.S. military, is open only to eligible service members, and offers discounted rates.
Shades of Green is comparable to Disney Worlds Deluxe resorts such as Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The rates, however, are less than what Disney charges at its hotels. Eligible service members can make reservations up to one year in advance. Since the hotel is very popular, reservations should be made as early as possible.
Active and retired military members can book up to three rooms at Shades of Green. The hotels suites and rooms can accommodate up to 10 guests. Whether or not you are staying at the hotel, eligible service members can visit its ticket office and dine in its restaurants.
You May Like: Disney World Resorts Ranked By Price
Disney Hotels & Lodging
For the complete magical experience, stay at a Disney Resort hotel and save upwards of 30-40%. Premium and standard suites are available with added perksenjoy a themed suite for your family or run into your favorite Disney character at the dining hall. Its the most valued choice for visitors who prefer proximity to the theme park.
- Disneyland Resort in Anaheim includes Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel, and Disneys Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
- DisneyWorld Resort discounts are not valid at the following resorts: The Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, The Campsites at Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort, Bay Lake Tower at Disneys Contemporary Resort and Disneys Riviera Resort.
- Those who stay at Disney Resort hotels have access to Magic Hours, an added benefit for early admission to the park, restaurants, and shows. Magic Hours does not include the new attraction, Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
- Suites are based on availability and exclude Moderate and Deluxe suites. Call in advance for reservations.
Shades of Green
Who Is Eligible For Disney Military And Veteran Discounts
Statuses Well Cover in this post with the required ID:
- Current Military Members* Required ID CAC
- Those retired from the Military* Required ID DD Form 2, 1173 or 1173-1
- Honorably discharged veterans with 100 percent Permanent Service-connected disability Required ID DD Form 1173 or DD Form 2765
- Involuntarily separated service members under the Transition Assistance Management Program Required ID DD Form 2
- Personnel separated under the Voluntary Separation Incentive and Special Separation Benefit programs for two years after separation Required ID DD Form 2
- Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps. Required ID DD Form 2, PHS 1866-1 or 1866-3
* Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Space Force
- Current and retired Department of Defense and Coast Guard civilian employees Required ID CAC, DOD or CG ID card, Retired ID card, or current Leave and Earnings Statement with photo ID
- Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation Required ID CAC, DD Form 1173, or 2765
- U.S. employees of firms under contract to Department of Defense working in the Pacific Region outside the U.S. on Department of Defense Government orders Required ID DD Form 1173, or 2765
Spouses and Family:
Don’t Miss: Disney World Toll Free Number
Who Can Buy The Disney World Military Discount Tickets
You are eligible if you are one of the following:
- Active US Military
- Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service
- Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Spouses of military service members can also buy tickets by presenting a valid military ID. The spouse can not get these tickets if the service member has already bought them.
The limit is 6 Disney Military Promotional Tickets per spouse or service member. The service member or spouse must use one of those 6 tickets.
Disabled Veterans Eligibility Discounts
For those military veterans who are disabled, certain discounts apply depending on the status of the veteran.
- Those veterans medically retired and who have a current retired ID are eligible for Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green discounts.
- Veterans whose disability is 100% service induced are eligible for Disney’s Armed Forces Salute and Shades of Green discounts with DAVPRM status current ID.
- Military veterans whose disability is 100% temporary are eligible for Shades of Green discount .
- If a veteran is less than 100% disabled and not DAVPRM, then the person is not eligible for any regular military discount but can stay at Shades of Green and purchase tickets in the months of January and September only.
- And, those personnel with honorable service are eligible to stay at Shades of Green with a DD-214.
You May Like: Disney World Shuttles Between Parks
Walt Disney World Tickets For Military Personnel
2022 Military Disney World Promotional Ticket Discount
5-Day Disney Military Salute Tickets
- With the Park Hopper Option: $349 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $379 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Option and Disney Genie+ service: $424 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option and Disney Genie+ service: $454 plus tax
4-Day Disney Military Salute Tickets
- With the Park Hopper Option: $329 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $359 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Option and Disney Genie+ service: $389 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option and Disney Genie+ service: $419 plus tax
Tickets can be used from January 1, 2022 through December 16, 2022 .
Both a theme park reservation via the Disney Park Pass system and valid theme park ticket for the same park on the same date are required for each person in your party ages 3 and up. Reservations are limited and subject to availability.
Military Memory Maker Discount
Active and retired U.S. military personnel or their spouses including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service , and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration can purchase the Memory Maker product for a special price $98 from January 1 through December 16, 2022.
Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass
When tickets are purchased with a military ID at Shades of Green, there is no tax charged.
Disney World Military Park
The Park-Hopper promotion is good for a 4-Day or 5-Day Park Hopper ticket, which gives you access to all four Disney World parks. You can also buy an add-on to be able to visit the Disney water parks. These prices vary.
2021 Valid Dates:
Purchase for visits good now through December 17, 2021. You also have the option of adding a water park option for an additional $30, plus tax as well as the Memory Maker PhotoPass product for $98. .
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
- With the Park Hopper Option: $296 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $326 plus tax
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
- With the Park Hopper Option: $315 plus tax
- With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $345 plus tax
Don’t Miss: Disney World Vip Tour Review
Walt Disney World Resort Theme Park Tickets
1-Day, Theme Park Base Ticket. Visit one Walt Disney World® Theme Park per day. Choose between Magic Kingdom® Park, EPCOT®, Disneys Hollywood Studios®, and Disneys Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. To enter a Park, both a Park reservation and valid admission for the same Park on the same date are required.
Disney World Theme Park Tickets Disney Military Promotional Tickets
Walt Disney World theme park tickets can easily be the most expensive part of a Disney vacation. Disney helps make those ticket purchases sting a little bit less for military members.
For 2021 , eligible service members* may purchase 4 or 5 day promotional tickets. Disney Military Promotional Tickets were formerly Disney Armed Forces Salute. These tickets are deeply discounted Disney tickets. An average 5 day Park Hopper Option ticket runs close to $600 so youll be saving almost 50%.
Don’t Miss: Walt Disney World Official Album
Qualifiers For Walt Disney World Ticket Discounts
Qualifying military personnel who can receive Disney’s Armed Forces Salute is as follows:
- Active/current/retired members of US military from Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, Coast Guard, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Services , Commissioned Corps of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration .
- 100-percent permanently disabled veterans .
- Spouses of eligible members in place of members.
- Widowed spouses of deceased eligible members.
- Active Military Foreign Affiliates with US issued CAC blue band.
Disney Military Cruise Discounts
These discounts vary by season, destination, which cruise ship, and other factors. Discounts are often announced with short notice , so it is recommended to check back frequently. Here is the Disney Cruise Line Military Discount page. Unsure if your desired port stop is an approved destination? Check out the Department of State Travel Advisories page.
Also Check: Oga’s Cantina Disney World Reservations
And 2022 Disneys Military Discount On Memory Maker
Walt Disney World is offering military discounts on WDW Memory Maker for 2021 and 2022!
Disneyland is not!
You may use this offer twice between 19 December 2020 and 31 December 2021 and twice between 1 January and 16 December 2022
Memory Maker is Disneys program with witch you can have Disneys professional photographers document your Disney World Vacation.
Disney is offering a huge discount on these photo services, Memory Maker at Walt Disney World.
Afrc Survivors Program Discount
Shades of Green offers programs and discounts honoring Survivors from ALL services. The AFRC Survivors Family Program provides discount from normal room rates by applicable category and extends to Family Members and sponsored guest accompanying authorized users. Visit the Shades of Green web site for more info.
For additional information regarding Walt Disney World military discounts, visit the ITT office on your base or visit disneyworld.com/military.
You May Like: Disney World Dining Plan 2021
Memory Maker Military Discount
In my opinion, this is the absolute best Disney military discount. Memory Maker is pre-paying to download all your Photopass photos and videos for one price. This includes posed shots and action shots from the rides. Purchasing pictures individually is a terrible use of your vacation budget. The package price is the best savings and military discounts make this an awesome deal.
Memory Maker is normally $199 but military members can purchase it for $98 plus tax at any ticket booth. You have to physically go to a ticket booth to get this discount. You cannot do it online or through the My Disney Experience App.
Is There A Military Discount At Disney World Hotels
Yes, there is a military discount at Disney World hotels and resorts, too.
The 2021 military discount at Disney World hotels differs depending on the hotel category .
Value resorts are offered at a 30% discount. Moderate resorts are available at a 35% discount. Deluxe resorts are offered at a 40% discount.
The discount is available for almost all Disney Worlds hotels, but there are some restrictions.
For example, at the Art of Animation resort, the military discount is only offered on the family suites.
In 2021, military discounts on Disney World hotels are available from January 1, 2021 through December 17, 2021.
There are blackout dates in which the discount cant be used, but the exact dates arent publicly available. To book a military discount on your hotel, you must call 407-939-7830.
Read Also: Disney World Year Pass Price
Where Can You Buy Discounted Disney Tickets
Kiosks and ticket desks in Orlando area:Many restaurants and businesses in the Orlando areahave ticket desks or kiosks that sells discounted tickets to Disney World and other attractions. Note: Ticket Discounters: Look online to locate authorized sellers who buy discounted tickets in bulk from Disney.
Eligibility For Disney Military Discounts
This holiday season, treat the grown-up game player in your life to a full year of fun and relaxing ad-free games for only $29.99! Visit Arkadium.com.
The biggest discounts for military are on park tickets and resort hotel rooms. This is limited to active duty military and retired military with valid military ID.
An eligible service member is defined by Disney as active or retired U.S. military personnel , and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration .
Please note this discount is not available to Department of Defense Civil Service workers and contractors.
Don’t Miss: How Far Is Legoland From Disney World
The Complete Guide To Military Discounts At Disney World
As popular as Walt Disney World is as a vacation destination for families or couples, it can sometimes add up to be a pretty expensive trip.
If you or your spouse are members of the military, the Florida getaway has a number of very special offers for you, your family, and your friends. We break down what’s available and how to take advantage of the offers.
Military Discounts At Universal Orlando Seaworld And Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
In 2021, for the first time ever, Universal Orlando began offering a Military Freedom Pass. Prices start at $199.99 for an adult, two-park ticket. It is good throughout the year without any blackout dates. The tickets need to be purchased at an authorized Military Ticket & Travel Office. The resort also offers discounted vacation packages and discounted stays at on-property hotels.
SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove, and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay offer complimentary admission to veterans and active duty members. Veterans can receive a one-day ticket for themselves and up to three guests through the end of June. Once per year, active duty members can receive a one-day ticket for themselves and up to three guests with no blackout days. See the parks Waves of Honor program details online.
Also Check: Disney World Virtual Field Trip
Disney World Discounts At A Glance
Disney does not provide us with discounts out of the goodness of their hearts. Remember, Disney is big business and everything they do is done with a purpose. The purpose of Disney discounts is actually to fill up rooms and attendance at any given point throughout the year.
Because of this, the Disney World discounts are very strategic. The dates chosen are usually ones that fill up slower. The resorts chosen to have availability arent filling up as fast as they would like.
This strategy is very successful for Disney so they roll out the same plans year after year. With that being said, Disney has a few different categories of discounts that pop up year after year.