Disneyland Vs Disney World: Location
This one is fairly cut and dry. Disneyland is located in Anaheim, California, about an hour’s drive outside the city of Los Angeles. The closest airport to the park is the John Wayne Orange County Airport . However, guests may find more direct routes and flight options by flying in and out of the larger Los Angeles International Airport .
Disney World is located on an entirely different coast in Orlando, Florida. Orlando International Airport is the closest airport to the parks. However, it’s still fairly easy to get to Walt Disney World via the Sanford or Tampa airports as well.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Encounter exotic animals and exciting adventures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, one of the largest animal theme parks in the world. Home to more than 1,700 animals across 250 species, the park reflects Walt Disney’s dedication to conservation and is committed to animal care, education and research. Explore 7 enthralling lands: Oasis, Pandora – The World of Avatar, Discovery Island®, Africa, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Asia and Dinoland, U.S.A.®.
Where Is Walt Disney World Located In Florida
Walt Disney World is located in Florida, just outside of Orlando and Kissimmee. Technically, the resort occupies the cities of Bay Lake, Florida and Lake Buena Vista, Florida, both of which are controlled by the Walt Disney Corporation. Most people know some variation of this, but few realize how actually large the Disney World property is.
Recommended Reading: Walt Disney World Resort Hotels Map
Which Disney Theme Park Opened First
The Walt Disney World Resort, also known as Walt Disney World and Disney World, opened on Oct.1, 1971, in Bay Lake, Florida. Roy Disney, Walts older brother, helped design and open Disney World after Walt’s death in 1966.
The theme park design was based on a plan called The Florida Project, created by Walt Disney, which was a proposed park in Florida meant to supplement Disneyland.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- In October 2016, a 67 year old man from Memphis, Tennessee died after riding Star Tours. The rider had a pre-existing heart condition, along with other contributing factors. The incident was described as part of a quarterly report filed with the Florida Department of Agriculture, which oversees the safety of the state’s amusement parks.
- On August 19, 2019, a 40 year old man with a pre-existing medical condition had a seizure and fell after riding.
Read Also: 2 Day 2 Park Disney World Tickets
Expedition Everest: Legend Of The Forbidden Mountain
- On December 18, 2007, a 44 year old man from Navarre, Florida lost consciousness while riding the coaster. He was given CPR on the ride’s loading platform and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The Orange County medical examiner‘s office conducted an autopsy and concluded that the victim died of dilated cardiomyopathy and the death was considered natural.
What Do You Need To Know About Walt Disney World
Here are the most basic things you need to know about Walt Disney World. 1. Walt Disney World Resort Is Big Walt Disney World is located in Florida, just outside of Orlando and Kissimmee. Technically, the resort occupies the cities of Bay Lake, Florida and Lake Buena Vista, Florida, both of which are controlled by the Walt Disney Corporation.
Also Check: My Location To Disney World
Best Bites: Halloween 2021 At Walt Disney World Resort
by Aubrey Gravante, Public Relations Director, Disney Parks
With Halloween right around the corner, were digging up an eerie early look at our most dreadfully delicious Best Bites of the year, especially for Disney Parks Blog readers!
Whether its frightful favorites like Sea Witchs Brew or a creepily creative mummy-approved cupcake, theres a cauldron of terrifyingly terrific treats to enjoy this season at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you dare check out our special guide of scrumptious sweets and treats:
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge Sanaa and Sanaa Lounge
- Sea Witchs Brew Vodka, raspberry liqueur, blue Curaçao beverage syrup, muddled berries, and edible glitter served in a Collins glass with a blue glow cube
- Disneys Art of Animation, Disneys Pop Century Resort, Disneys All-Star Movies Resort, and Disneys All-Star Music Resort Food Courts
- Spooky Apple Spiced Spider Cupcake Vanilla cupcake with apple filling and spiced buttercream caramel drizzle
- Disneys Contemporary Resort Contempo Café
- Mini Halloween Cake Halloween sprinkle cake with candy bar custard and chocolate glaze
- Disneys Old Key West Resort Goods Food to go and Conch Flatts General Store
- Poisoned Delight Violet white chocolate mousse dome with an apple insert and fresh apple cake covered in a white chocolate glaçage
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge Roaring Fork
- Going Batty Cupcake Chocolate cupcake with ganache icing and sugar cookie bat
- The Ganachery
Walt Disney World Florida
People often tell us that they want to go to Disney when they come to Orlando.
Our friendly concierge staff loves to tell them just how much Disney they get to see when they visit Walt Disney World®
Two huge water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, are the perfect compliment to the theme parks. These parks offer similar features but they are themed completely differently and each has its own special features. Snorkel over sharks at Typhoon Lagoon and play Frozen games at Blizzard Beach, no matter what floats your boat, these water parks will not disappoint. To add to your fun day or night, WDW offers guests affordable family fun at its two miniature golf courses, Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens & Fairway Miniature Golf. Dont forget Disneys Boardwalk and Disney Springs!
Our Disney vacation holidays are the ultimate family experience, check our vacation rentals close to Disney World Florida now.
You May Like: Day Pass For Disney World Orlando
Disneyland Paris Resort In Paris France:
The Parisian park first opened as Euro Disney Resort in 1992. Although reception wasnt what was expected by the Disney corporation, Disneyland Paris has evolved into one of Disneys top resorts with more magic expansions to come.
The resort is located in Marne-la-Vallée, France, about 20miles east from the center of Paris.
Opening on April 12, 1992, Disneyland Paris continues to be one of the most visited theme parks in Europe.
It takes its layout from the traditional Disneyland park in Anaheim, California with a grandiose presentation of the Magic Kingdom theme park in Florida.
The Lands at Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris Secrets and Facts:
- Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris is the fastest of the ones in operation and the only one that goes upside-down.
- Disneyland Paris is the only Disney park to have a dragon living under the castle that you can visit
- The Disneyland Paris castle was designed using pink hues because of the constant gray skies in France
Some of the most popular attractions at Disneyland Paris are Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters, Its a Small World, Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain.
Walt Disney Studios Park
The Walt Disney Studios Park is themed around a movie studiowith a past opening date of March 16, 2002. Its the only Disney park thats closelyrelated to Hollywood Studios in Florida.
The Lands at Walt Disney Studios Park
Hilton Head Island Resort
The Coast at Disneys Hilton Head Resort. Photo courtesy of Disney Parks Blog
With 17 miles of beaches, youll soon discover why this resort is perfect for watery fun! Rent banana boats, jet skis, boogie boards, or kayaksthere are over12 miles of beaches to explore.
Theres also a 72,000-gallon pool known as The Big Dipper, complete with waterslide. Meet dolphins, enjoy a campfire or play tennis. Head into town for exquisite dining, boutique shops, and art galleries.
Travel Tip: Reach out to your travel agent and start booking as soon as possible for the best availability!
Also Check: How Much Is Parking At Disney World Parks
How Many Disney Parks Are There In The World
Just discovered us? Try one of our products today and save 10% on your entire order!
- 9 min read
Everyone dreams of having a magical experience at Disney parks. Maybe you are one of those wondering,“how many Disney parks are there?”
Our team spent 48 hours researching and coming up with a definitive guide to help you figure out how many Disney parks are there and where they are located.
Disneyland Vs Disney World: Rides
There are a few cross-over rides that you’ll find at both parks, including the classics like Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, and It’s a Small World. However, each park puts its own spin on these rides so they’re not exactly the same at each location. Thanks to its larger size and two additional theme parks, Disney World has nearly 50 rides while Disneyland has about half of that, so if you want lots of ride time, you might want to opt for the Florida parks.
Also Check: Walt Disney World Hotels Near Magic Kingdom
How Many Disneylandtheme Parks Are There Around The World
Mickey Mouse and his cronies, the Lion King, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid are only a few of the classic characters that make up the wonderful world of Disney.
The Disneyland® Resort theme parks around the world invite you on adventures with your favorite characters and help make your dreams come true. For the best priced Disneyland® Resort tickets, head to aRes Travel to begin planning a trip of a lifetime.
Other Fun At Disney World
Walt Disney World has so much more to do than just theme parks. There is miniature golf, water parks, fishing, even pony rides. You will find world-famous shops and eateries at newly opened Disney Springs. This area was formerly known as Downtown Disney and has undergone a complete transformation and expansion to create an even bigger Disney experience.
Also Check: Disney World Vip Tour Price
Transportation From Value And Moderate Disney Resorts To The Theme Parks
Guests staying at Value and Moderate resorts will not have access to either boats or monorail but do have access to buses that go directly to each theme park. It may even be possible to walk directly to a nearby park from your hotel. For guests staying at Fort Wilderness, Disney offers a free shuttle service around the resort, making internal loops to take guests to different areas of the gigantic campground.
*see below for resort-specific transportation options
Where To Find Maps At Disney World
Dont want to print out these PDF Disney World maps and take them with you? No problem!
Guests will be able to find printed copies of these Disney World maps throughout the park. In particular, you will be able to find printed Disney World maps at the entrances of the theme parks, in resort lobbies, shops, food kiosks, at the Orlando International Airport. If you cant find one, then just ask a Disney employee and they will point you in the right direction.
Also Check: Cheap Rentals Near Disney World
Disneyland Vs Disney World: Cost
Disneyland and Disney World both use dynamic pricing for theme park tickets. That means that ticket prices vary depending on the season, day of the week, and other factors. Theme park tickets at both resorts are pricey. Expect to pay over $100 for a one-day, one-park ticket, but exact prices will depend on your vacation dates and whether or not you splurge for Park Hopper to visit more than one park per day.
That said, there are plenty of ways to save money on a Disney World or Disneyland vacation.
Transportation From Disney Value Resorts
All-Star Resorts Disney World Transportation Map
We have grouped the All-Star Resorts into one category because they all have similar transportation services. Bus loops going directly to the Disney World theme parks and water parks may or may not pick up guests from other All-Star resorts along the way. The bus stop for All-Star Movies is located at Cinema Hall near Donalds Double Feature Gifts & Sundries All-Star Music is located at Melody Hall near Maestro Mickeys Gifts & Sundries, and All-Star Sports is located at Stadium Hall near Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
- Animal Kingdom Bus .
- Epcot Bus .
- Hollywood Studios Bus .
- Magic Kingdom Bus .
- Water Parks Bus .
- Disney Springs Bus .
Pop Century Resort Disney World Transportation Map
Pop Century Resort is a Disney Value Resort themed around 20th-century American pop culture. Disney bus transportation goes to all theme parks and water parks from the resort. The bus stop for Pop Century is located outside near the front lobby, just past Everything Pop Shopping and Dining.
- Animal Kingdom Bus .
- Epcot Bus .
- Hollywood Studios Bus .
- Magic Kingdom Bus .
- Water Parks Bus .
- Disney Springs Bus .
Art of Animation Resort Disney World Transportation Map
Don’t Miss: Places To Eat Inside Disney World
Foodie Guide To 50th Anniversary Celebration Sips And Bites
by Karen McClintock, Food & Beverage Content Relations Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
The magic is calling all Foodies to the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary celebration The Worlds Most Magical Celebration! Throughout our four theme parks and beyond, Disney chefs and mixologists have created more than 150 sips and bites full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer with even more coming throughout the 18-month celebration beginning Oct. 1.
Walts personal recipes, Walt Disney World Resort attractions , beloved Disney Characters, and nostalgic dishes from 1971 were inspirations for the tasty offerings created for this anniversary celebration.
Walts palate was relatively simple definitely a meat and potatoes guy! Roast lamb, roast beef hash topped with a fried egg, chili, and fried chicken were his favorites, along with lemon, apple, chocolate, and bread pudding desserts. Disney chefs looked to Walts recipes from the archives while planning for the 50th anniversary celebration. The result is deliciously reimagined versions of Walts favorites. And many of the treats are infused with EARidescent shimmers to add glimmering touches to the celebratory creations.
I am highlighting just a sampling of the limited-time sips and bites in this Foodie Guide, but we have created a complete online guide for you to view the more than 150 fantastic menu items!
Let The Worlds Most Magical Celebration begin!
Magic Kingdom Park
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Maps Of Disney World Value Resorts
If we compare the Disney World resort hotels, the major differentiator of Value Resorts is that theyre the least expensive tier of in-park hotels. There are currently 5 distinct resorts to choose from. All are family-friendly, and the 3 All-Star resorts are typically the least expensive hotels at WDW.
Recommended Reading: How Many Water Parks Are In Disney World
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- On April 22, 2010, a 61-year-old woman from Celebration, Florida, suffered a collapsed lung, fractured ribs, and back pain due to a boating accident near the Treehouse Villas. The rented Sea Raycer that her husband was driving collided with a Disney ferryboat. The Orange County Sheriff’s report states that the Sea Raycer crossed into the ferry’s right-of-way.
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- On May 23, 1982, a 20 year old worker was standing near the ledge of the Fantasyland station when the Skyway started up she grabbed onto a seat and traveled 100 feet before a staff member stopped the ride. Some visitors climbed onto the roof of a nearby building, but couldnt reach her. She fell 15 feet to the roof, slid off, and dropped another 20 feet to the ground she injured her back but survived.
- On February 14, 1999, 65 year old part-time custodian was killed when he fell off a seat. He was cleaning the Fantasyland Skyway station platform when the ride was turned on by staff who were likely unaware that he was there. He was in the path of the ride vehicles and grabbed a passing seat in an attempt to save himself. He lost his grip, fell 40 feet , and landed in a flower bed near the Dumbo ride. He was dead on arrival at Orlando Regional Medical Center. The Skyway ride, which had been scheduled to be closed before the accident occurred, was permanently closed on November 10, 1999. As a result of the accident, OSHA fined Walt Disney World US$4,500 for violating federal safety codes in that work area. The incident echoed a similar incident at Disneyland Resort in 1994, when a 30 year old man fell 20 feet out of a Skyway cabin and subsequently attempted to sue Disney. In that case, however, the man later admitted that he had in fact jumped out of the ride, and the case was dismissed.
Recommended Reading: Getting From Mco To Disney World
Yeti Or Not Here He Comes
Wander into a Tibetan village at the base of Mount Everest and board a train to the âtop of the world.â Beware: Some say a legendary snow monster lives deep in the mountain.
After a steep ascent, your train picks up speed and races into the darkness. Without warning, a broken and twisted track appears in front of you. Brace yourself as you plummet backward into total darkness. Inside the cavern, the mythical tale comes true as you see the shadow of a massive, growling beast!
Race to escape the cursed mountainâbefore the Yeti claims another expedition.