Order A Sandisk Memory Card Here
And you might laugh at this suggestion, but its not unusual to leave Disney World wishing you had an extra suitcase for all your souvenirs. If you realize halfway through your trip that your new purchases are bigger than you planned, why not just order another suitcase?
This Coolife Expandable Suitcase is a carry-on size for $89.99, a great way to store all those fun new souvenirs without giving you another huge suitcase to juggle.
How Long Does It Usually Take To Get Takeout Delivered
This can vary depending on the time of day as well as the time of year. Just like when ordering delivery at home you should order ahead expecting to have a bit longer delivery window. Dont place your order once everyone is already hungry. The great thing about ordering from GrubHub and UberEats is that they will give you an approximate delivery window before you even place your order. That way if you want something on the quick side you can scroll thru the list and see where is delivering sooner. This can also depend on where your resort is located in relation to the restaurant.
Disney World Speedway Gas Stations
There are two Speedway gas stations on Disney property, one across from Disney Springs and one across from the Boardwalk resort. This could be a good choice for grocery shopping if you are going to be near Disney Springs at some point during your trip, or if you are staying close to Boardwalk. Also, unlike the Disney World grocery delivery services, you dont have to worry about minimum orders or delivery fees.
Unfortunately, these two gas stations arent going to be conveniently located for everyone. And like most gas stations, the prices will be inflated and the selection will be limited.
This is a good option for something super quick to pick up, but there wont be too many options!
Also Check: Off Site Hotels Near Disney World
Groceries At Disney World
I hope that this post helps you to decide what service to use when ordering grocery delivery to your Disney resort, both on-site and off-site. Make sure to pin this post so you have it when you need it.
If you have any questions, comment down below or send me a message on social media! You can find me on , TikTok, , and !
Does Disney Charge For Grocery Delivery
Disney World recently started charging guests a $6 fee to have bell services bring a grocery delivery to your hotel room. I believe this will show us as a room charge on your folio at checkout.
If you have groceries delivered and pick them up from bell services yourself, you will NOT be charged the delivery fee. The fee only applies if bell services delivers your order to your room. The $6 charge is per grocery order, not per bag of groceries.
So if you want to save money, either meet your Instacart delivery person in the lobby or pick your order up yourself at bell services.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Temperature In Disney World
Baskets For Any Occasion
Besides outside businesses, Disney World also offers quite a few gift basket options directly through their Floral & Gifts Department. Just on the website, we found baskets for movie nights, graduations, birthdays, game nights, and so much more!
The baskets start at $36 and can go up quite a bit in price . Disney Floral & Gifts also delivers balloons, flowers, and gifts for specific holidays.
Grocery Delivery Walt Disney World Tips With Garden Grocer
- Save up to 10% by ordering your groceries 60 days out
- You can sign up for text and email notifications when your groceries arrive
- You can have your groceries delivered to your room for an additional $6.00
Special Note: Please remember to tip your driver, bell services, and cast member, as their hard work allow us to take advantage of these great services!
Read Also: Walt Disney World Opening Hours
Storage For Groceries In Walt Disney World Resort Rooms
Disney Resort hotel rooms offer some storage, but anyone whos stayed for more than a couple of nights will tell you that it typically ends up not being enough. Add a full grocery order, and youre talking about a tight squeeze most of the time.
Here, were taking a look at refrigerator sizes, shelving options, and alternatives.
Instacart Disney World Delivery Process
When you are putting together your Instacart order, you will select a window of time during which your groceries will be delivered. Your delivery fee may vary depending on how soon you want your items delivered.
After you select your delivery window, you can change it up until your shopper starts putting your order together. We have been delayed before and I have changed the delivery time without any issue.
If you are staying at a Disney World on property resort, you will NOT have to be present when your order is delivered, unless your order includes alcohol.
If you are staying at a hotel not owned by Disney, my experience has been that you have to be present to pick up any order.
Instacart shoppers are able to drop your order off at the Bell Services desk at your Disney resort, and Bell Services will hold your order for you until you are ready to pick it up or have it brought up to your room.
They have refrigerators to keep your cold items cold, so you dont have to worry about your milk spoiling.
If you have any alcohol in your order, you WILL have to be present with your ID to pick up your order in person.
You will receive notifications throughout the process of your Instacart order. You will be notified when your shopper begins shopping and if any of the items you have ordered are out of stock.
Bring Some Snacks With You From Home
There are obviously tons of options for grocery delivery to Disney World resorts but why not bring some snacks from home? This can be a huge money saver, especially on those shorter trips. I cant tell you how much money I have saved on breakfast by packing some oatmeal packets and snacks such as granola bars, assorted nuts, and tea and coffee packets.
Instacart Food Delivery Disney World
The last delivery service we are going to review is the app Instacart. The coolest thing about Instacart is it allows you to take advantage of the most grocery stores near Walt Disney World including Whole Foods, Publix, Costco, and CVS.
Their one-hour delivery also makes Instacart one of the fastest Walt Disney World grocery delivery services.
Also Check: Disney Resort Hotels Disney World
Options For Grocery Delivery
Grocery delivery has become increasingly popular and common, and getting a delivery to your Disney Resort is typically fairly straightforward. Some things to keep in mind:
- All of the delivery services listed below allow you to submit your order and select your delivery window before you even leave home. If you know your travel day will be too hectic to worry about placing an order for bottled water and Goldfish crackers, check that to-do off your list before you leave.
- Bell services at the Disney Resorts will receive your orders for you. However, if you place an order with alcohol, the grocery delivery service might have its own policy requiring an ID check and/or a signature. Plan accordingly if thats the case.
- You wont pay a fee for Bell Services to accept your grocery order on your behalf, but know that in some cases , your order may not be labeled clearly with your name, and that might lead to a bit of a delay when you pick it up.
- Bell Services can store your grocery items in a cooler and/or freezer. We have had them make the error of storing only in AC, though, so beware that could be an issue.
- If you want Bell Services to deliver your order to your room, you will need to arrange that with them, and there likely will be a $6 charge for the service.
Getting Food Delivery At Walt Disney World
When you think of Disney you dont immediately think cheap. To be honest, Disney vacations are quite expensive but that cost is made up with magic we experience while were there. Of course if theres ever a chance to save on any of our vacation components well take it. Ive been devoted for the last 10+ years to bringing those savings to you and Im happy to say that there is a way to save on food!
I have personally tried all the below methods and can tell you that my first method is the one I use most often. It really depends on my party size though and room type. This are things you should take into consideration but for the most part, if your just an average family or couple or individual at Walt Disney World then my first method should work best.
Keep in mind that these methods are all alternatives to purchasing food at your resort or in the parks. If you budget for that already and its just easier for you then by all means go for it. You may even be interested in the Disney Dining Plan which I have explained in detail which can also save you some money.
Free Food Delivery at Walt Disney World
I say free because I get to share some really great promo codes with you that can help you get free food while youre on your vacation. Let me get those out of the way right now so you dont forget to use them.
Uber Eats $10 off your first delivery with code eats-deang2368ue Enter at sign-up in the promotions box.
Grubhub $12 off your first order with this link
Recommended Reading: Disney World Day Pass Cost
Free Grocery Delivery At Disney World
There are two delivery services that offer free grocery delivery to Disney World: First is Amazon Prime Now who offers free delivery to subscribed members as long as you order $40 worth of groceries. If youre not a Prime member already, you should talk to someone who is as memberships can be shared with others. If you cant find anyone, we dont recommend singing up just for grocery delivery as theres a better option to this.
Walmart+ launched in 2020 and has been growing in popularity for all the benefits it offers, one of them being free grocery delivery. What we discovered when looking into this is that the Walmart+ membership has a free 2 week trial where you can try it out, no cost to you. So what we did was sign-up for the service the day we were going to order our groceries. This starts your two weeks free.
Now you can order your groceries for Disney World without having to pay anything assuming you order over $35 worth of stuff. The nice thing about the two week free trial is that if you end up liking the service, it automatically continues as their $99 yearly fee. If you dont end up liking it, just cancel it after the two weeks. We recommend setting a reminder on your phone to do this before 2 weeks is up.
Disney World Services You May Not Know Exist
One of the biggest assets that sets Walt Disney World apart from its competitors is the level of service the company delivers to guests. Its no secret that the iconic resorts offers exclusive hours and transportation, but here are 10 lesser-known services offered by the House of Mouse.
1. Baby Care CentersThe four theme parks each have a Baby Care Center equipped with all parenting necessities. They’re complimentary to use and have private nursing rooms with rocking chairs, changing room tables, a unisex bathroom, and feeding area with high chairs as well as a kitchen with microwave, oven, and sink. If you need time to unwind with your tot, theres a room with a TV, table, chairs, and sofa. There’s even an onsite shop that stocks formula, baby food, and diapers.
2. Phone-charging stationsNo need to freak out if you find yourself in the Magic Kingdom and your phone battery is running low. An area in Fantasyland has a charging station with several outlets. Hint: Bring along your own charger.
Theres even home delivery, where your merchandise can be shipped via UPS or FedEx for an additional fee.
4. Childrens Activity CentersHead to the Dolphin Hotel’s Childrens Activity Center where you can drop off the kids. The centers, which are open in the afternoon and evenings, have crafts, games, dinner, and more. Kiddos must be ages 5-12 and be fully potty-trained. Services are not complimentary, and reservations are required.
You May Like: Walt Disney World Christmas Tickets
Consider Your Hotel Room
Before you jump right in to ordering groceries for your vacation you should consider the type of room youre staying in and if it can accommodate everything you want to get. Mosts guests stay in a general hotel room that includes 1 to 2 beds, some counter space, a closest and a bathroom. Most have mini fridges for drinks and some food items. While these rooms arent especially great for full grocery service, it can be done with a little planning.
Most guests who participate in grocery delivery at Walt Disney World are tend to stay in villas that have full kitchens with stove, oven, full fridge, sink, dining room and glassware including bowls, cups and plates. They also usually have a dishwasher for easy cleaning. This is the ideal room for guests looking to get full grocery service to their hotel. It offers a home like experience and plenty of room to hold everything.
Villas like these can be found at most property hotels including the following:
- Disneys Boardwalk Villas
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House and Kidani Village
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek Villas
- Disneys Bay Lake Tower
- Disneys Polynesian Village & Bungalows
- Disneys Grand Floridian Villas
- Disneys Saratoga Springs
- Disneys Old Key West
How To Utilize Grocery Delivery
Its one thing to be able to order groceries from your phone. Its a whole other thing to plan how youre going to work this service into your vacation. There are a couple of steps that we take that we feel can apply to most everyone to help make this process easy.
1. Decide whether you are or you arent going to do it. Earlier we mentioned that first time visitors will probably want to budget to eat in the parks as this takes a lot off their plate . This doesnt save you money but it does save a headache and allows you to focus on other things. So if you decide that you are going to order groceries to your hotel now figure out what meals you want to cover. Just breakfast? Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Decide now so you dont under order or over order.
2. Figure out how much room you have to store groceries and decide how you can save room if needed. This would mean condensing milk into smaller containers like half gallons, smaller mayo jars or bottles, full size waters or mini ones, two liters of soda or cans, or smaller individual boxes of cereal or regular. You get the idea. Theres a lot that can be done to make sure theres room for everything. If you happen to have a villa with full kitchen, you dont really need to worry about this step.
7. Pick up your groceries or have them delivered to your room. You can either stop by bell services and grab them on your own or call down from your room and have them bring them up.
You May Like: How Much To Enter Disney World
Grocery Delivery To Disney World By Service
Choosing to have your groceries delivered to your Disney World resort could save you a lot of time and effort during your trip and still guarantee you get the food you need. There are lots of choices when it comes to Disney World grocery delivery services, and many of them are local and have been delivering to the Disney World resorts for years.
Unfortunately, the convenience of having groceries delivered could cost quite a bit, and sometimes the selection may be very limited. Youll have to make sure to choose an affordable option when it comes to fees and minimum orders.
We recommend looking at the services listed below and comparing and contrasting the prices to see what works best for you! What works best for one guest, may not work the same for another guest!
What Are The Grocery Delivery Options At Disney World
by David Mumpower·October 14, 2021
Are you looking to save money on your Walt Disney World vacation? Frequent guests know a secret that you may not.
Disney allows for the delivery of goods to hotel rooms. This applies to everything from Uber Eats togroceries.
Oh yes, you can ship a carton of bottled water to your hotel if you like. Similarly, you can order Pop-Tarts or fruit or whatever you like for breakfast.
Disney will even throw in the coffee for free! So, lets take a look at the best grocery delivery options in Orlando.
You May Like: Disney World Park To Park Transportation
Amazon Disney World Deliveries
Its important to note that you can use Amazon prime in Disney World for so much more than groceries. Especially with the advanced one and two-day shipping, it has become a great tool for families who might have forgotten something at home.
The Disney World Amazon prime service was the first delivery service I ever used on one of my vacations. It was 2014 and as a way to surprise my friends I upgraded our room at the Caribbean beach resort to the pirate themed room. The only problem was the room we cancelled had three beds, and the pirate themed room had two. Long story short after a few hours on hold with Disney guest services and bunch of laughs about how I just had to upgrade we ordered an air mattress from Amazon prime. I have been using them ever since.
Related Post: Compare Disneys Pop Century vs. All-Star Resorts